Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Newsletter 2013

How is our evangelistic ministry?

We have been sharing the good news with a lot of students since December. We had a party at our house which we invited our friends every week until Christmas. We used this party to share about God in different ways each week. We also gave Christmas gifts to many girls we knew/know from last year. I think this is a great opportunity to share with many of them, at the same time I felt discouraged because they did not seem interested. They listened but did not understand what the story is about. However, we are glad to share with them and pray that God would open their hearts.

How is my establishing ministry ?

I have been establishing 2 girls in their faith as you know, Fone and Ja-A .They have been growing but still need much more establishing. Please be praying for their intimacy with God to grow as they grow in their faith .

How is my equipping-exporting ministry?

Loog-mee, Kade, and Ice are doing great. They have been involved with Honey and me for bible study, doing ministry along with us. Kade graduated and works at a company in town since November. She will live with us until the Thai Summer Project which starts in March. She will quit her job and join the TSP as a full time participant to receive training in leadership. After the TSP she will go to Malaysia with our all Thai CCP(Cross Cultural Project) for 3 weeks in April. There are about 14 students from KKU and NEU who are being sent. Our 3 main objects are 1.) building vision and character in these Thai laborers, 2.) calling our next generation of Thai leaders to step out in faith on all levels and 3.) opportunity to assist another ministry outside of Thailand in reaching the lost.


How am I doing ? What am I learning ?



God has been teaching me two important things. The first thing is about how God speaks through Evangelism. Since November it has been difficult to meet girls on campus. I was so angry with God. "Why are you not doing what you have promised? If I pray you will answer but I don't see anything". However, God answered me about how he will do what he wills. "Sano, I am an almighty God, be patient, keep doing what you can do, wait and find your joy in Me". It was a great fight with God (I think I fought with Him). Finally after this discouraging time I tried to wait. God just spoke to my heart softly, "Why do you care so much about other people's relationship with Me while your relationship with Me is full of anger, sadness and weariness? Do you not love Me? Will you only love Me more if I give you what you want?" He gave me Hebrew 10:35-39. I am convinced I will not let anything take away my relationship with Him. I was obsessed with my job and not with a relationship with My beloved God. I confessed my sin and reconciled with Him. I love him more than I love His answers to prayer. I can endure by having a great time with Him. I have more freedom to do ministry.
A few weeks later I had a chance to share the gospel with three girls who I have built a relationship with since 2011. Last week I had the opportunity to challenge one girl to have a Bible study. We are going to study together four times before the end of the school year.

O how Great is Our God! Let us Praise Him together .

The second thing I learned was from running half marathon. I decided to do something at age 30(I don’t think I am 30 at all!! :) so I did a Half Marathon. I finished at 2.39 hrs. It was worth it to run. It was a great picture of the Christian life. The most encouraging moment was when Honey and my other friends cheered me on and waited for me at the finish line. I feel like it means nothing if there is no one waiting for you at the finish line. This reminded me that God is waiting for us at our finish line at the door of heaven with all the saints who have gone before us and even the angels. They are cheering for us to fight the good fight, running by faith from this fallen world to eternity. If God allows I would love to do full marathon next year .

Prayers request



1. Thai Summer project is coming soon. Our staff have been preparing for this project, students are raising money by working to raise money for the project. Please be praying for everything we need to prepare. I would like to see all Christian students at NEU join in order to grow in the Christian life.

2. Bible study with Air (non believer ) and follow up with Nok, Ja and Gra-tai who I shared gospel with them. Please be praying that God would open their hearts to know Him .

3. Malaysia CCP: Pray for Guy who is leading. Pray he will have wisdom in Christ. Students are raising money 500 USD per person. Pray that God would bless this project for his Glory .

4. My financial support, one time and monthly. I need 70 USD monthly and 2,500 USD one time for the CO Global conference in the USA in July 2013. If you are interested to give or have any questions about financial support feel free to email me at this address.

May God Bless you , Thank you for your Prayers and Support

Sano 


No comments: